Love your casual games? Lazy Galaxy 2 from Coldwild Games is out now with a Linux version and it’s a wonderful idle / clicker game that also blends in some other strategy elements too.
“Lazy Galaxy is an idle/clicker game with base-building and RTS elements. Lead an evil (albeit lazy) alien race to conquer the universe! Expand your base, fight vicious foes, and conquer the galaxies. Acquire combat experience and convert into candy, the most precious alien resource!”
I’ve been playing it as the developer sent over a key and it works great. It’s a pretty perfect second-screen game to have while you’re doing something else, or a game to leave in the background to keep coming back to. Check out the trailer:
Over email the developer told us it’s their “attempt to improve its predecessor by making the base building deeper, changing the battle system, adding the custom maps to allow for more spatial conquest. Lazy Galaxy 2 can be enjoyed even if you have not played Lazy Galaxy 1. In Lazy Galaxy 2 achievements matter – unlocking in-game achievements adds permanent research that improves the gameplay. Micro-control is rewarded, but not necessary. You can idle out the battles or seek more active participation. Are you ready to conquer the universe?”
- Conquer the galaxy! Build your base, build your fleet, fight the enemies
- Hand-crafted campaign
- Achievements matter! Unlocking in-game achievements adds permanent researches that improve the gameplay
- Control unit abilities directly or idle it out! Micro-control is rewarded, but not necessary. You can idle out the battles or seek more active participation
- Multiple development paths will add variety to incremental/base-building gameplay
- Mod support: create your own campaign maps, ships, upgrades
Available on Steam.